As with any insurance, the best way to find the right coverage at the right price is to shop around. It’s a good idea to compare different insurance companies and what they can offer you. If you’re looking to save on your premiums, consider the good driver discount.
Securing the good driver discount on your auto insurance policy.
The good driver discount is a discount given by car insurance companies to safe and low-risk drivers. Keep in mind that while you may think you’re a good driver, each insurance company will have different rules of what makes a good driver. Some insurers will require you to have a clean driving record for five years to qualify for the discount, for example. That means if you have been involved in any accidents or traffic violations, you may not qualify. For others, you may just need to have maintained a clean record for the last three years.
Qualifying for a good driver discount can be easy or hard depending on your insurance company. Take a look at these tips that may make it easier to qualify.
- Take a defensive driving course to learn how to be a better, safer driver.
- Consider purchasing forgiveness insurance. Although you may pay a little extra today, the insurance company will ‘forgive’ one at-fault accident from your record.
- Follow the rules of the road and avoid reckless driving.
- Drive defensively. Leave plenty of room between yourself and other drivers.
- Shop around for the right auto insurance policy.
By knowing about the good driver discount, you can look for the best insurance rates and work your way towards being considered a good driver. Talk to the team of professionals at Sausman Insurance Agency for help finding the right rate and coverage to suit your needs. We serve Mifflintown, Millersburg, Lewistown, and beyond with quality auto insurance coverage.