Now that fall is upon us, it is time to prepare your home in Lewistown, PA.
October is the perfect month to prep your home for the upcoming winter months of cooler weather and possible rain and storms. Begin your home maintenance tasks before the winter sets in so that you can feel rest assured that you – and your home – are ready!
- Clean out the gutters
- Get the chimney cleaned by a professional
- Have a furnace cleaned and inspected by a qualified technician
- Check roof for damage
- Remove all traces of lint and dust in and underneath the dryer
- Keep a fire extinguisher accessible
- Inspect your smoke detectors
- Examine your electrical outlets for any frayed wires or loose-fitting plugs
- Insulate water pipes in areas that are exposed in cold temperatures
- Review your homeowners insurance
Making sure that you have quality homeowners insurance so that you and your home are properly protected during the fall season is essential! Contact Sausman Insurance Agency for quality coverage in Lewistown, Mifflintown and the surrounding areas in Pennsylvania!